Creating Widescreen video for DVD

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m working on an industrial DVD in FCP that uses stills and graphics I have created. I created it as a standard NTSC video, but now the client wants it to be played on high quality widescreen monitors, but not HD.

I have researched different FCP tech sites, and so far this is what I am trying:
      Make a new file / sequence set to Anamorhic 16:9, copy and paste my existing 3:2 file into it, change all aspect ratios from -12.5 to 16 (some say 12, some say 20??) I think 16 looks right in the viewer. Stretch and adjust layers to fit extra width. Export as 16:9 DV.

Is this the best way to do this?? I’m in a crunch with the client expecting something tomorrow. Ugh.

Please let me know if you have any techniques that work!

Thanks,
      Kurt Ritta

Participant

Have you tried puttling a wide screen matt over the whole project? I’ve done that before, but you might have to move a few clips up or down so that you don’t cut any heads off.

Just a thought…. πŸ˜€

Participant

Thanks for the reply,
      The video is created in widescreen format – 853 x 480, and I exported it as a Quicktime DV with Anamorphic clicked on. It comes up squeezed on a regular monitor, which is right, but I want to make sure it stretches on a true widescreen TV, with no bars – or minimal. I guess it’s testing, testing, testing!

Just want some definitive answers on:

Video export format from FCP, and
      iDVD/DVD Pro import format…

Participant

I know this is too late for your deadline, but what version of FCP do you use?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year β€” 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap