Creating DVD menu including pdf files

• This topic has 5 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Can I use the Sony Vegas 9.0/DVD Architect Studio 4.5 to create a DVD menu that includes pdf or Word files? I would like to burn a DVD that automatically opens on another computer or DVD player with a menu. I cannot figure out how to do this with theSony products where the menu could include a pdf or Word file.

Any suggestions using Sony or some other software outside of the Apple suite?

Inactive

interesting query… I am not sure that can be accomplished… is it the intention that these dvds will only be utilized on computers?

Inactive

Yes, the user would throw onto to their computer. The menu would include videos explaining a product offering along with documentation. If not Sony Vegas, is there something else off the shelf I should be using?

Inactive

try posting this question at the sony media software forum. there are plenty of users over there that could help you out specifically with that project.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/ShowTopics.asp?ForumID=4

Participant

Instead of burning an authored DVD, burn a data disk containing video files along with your PDF files (I’ve seen this done quite often with tutorials).Since you mentioned this is aimed to be viewed on a computer, the video files should be H.264 files, which are ideal for computer viewing, but not burnable to an authored DVD since DVDs encode as mpeg.

Does this make sense?

Participant

This actually sounds like the type of interactive cd-rom/dvd-rom content that you would use a program like Director or Even Flash to author.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video editing software — 2021

In this article, we’ll go over the criteria you’ll need to consider when choosing the best video editing software for your needs.
homicide-bootstrap