creating better home videos

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have a Canon mini DV player Elura 65. No big deal but was wondering if there is any books or other info out there I could read to help improve my home videos? Is there anyone out there also selling video on ebay?
      Thanks Gary

Participant

Hi,
      To answer your question about home videos, yes there are a ka-zillion books and videos (DVDs and VHS) of instruction on this subject. Check out the latest Videomaker for starters.
      But you have come to the right place already, This Forum. If you can spend a couple hours browsing in particular General Questions and Production Techniques, you may find the info you need enabling you to shoot vastly improved videos over your current level, providing you are also picking up your cam and shooting away, learning all about your cam and good shooting technique. You will be needing to jump around in the forum, kind of like video editing, zeroing in on what is relevant for your situation. Later, check out Forum topics Editing, Sound Advice, and so forth.
      Good Shooting!
      REGARDS … TOM 8)

Participant

It’s funny you all say that there are lot’s of books out thereon the subject because I have looked in Barnes and Noble, Borders and Books-a-million and found a ton of books on taking pictures but not one on videography. Kinda strange that there was nothing even close to the subject.

Inactive

Barnes and Noble and Borders has the video books in the computer section. The Borders I visit has about a 6′ x 10′ section just on video.
      Also Wal-Mart.com has about 60 or so video books listed

Inactive

also, don’t forget Amazon.com, where there will be 1000’s of hits for video related books.

Inactive

A book I found helpful when starting out is
      "How to do Everything with your Digital Video Camcorder"
      isbn #0-07-223069-x
      published by Osborne( McGraw Hill)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2021

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap