Creating a wavy, transparent, dreamlike effect?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

<p class=”jive”>

Hey guys,

I realize this is a very noob question of me. But i want to take a video clip, and have it projected transparently onto smoke for a dream like sequence. Im not 100% committed to the smoke part. I just really want the video to be wavy, sort of transparent, and moving. So i was wondering if there are any plug ins that would make setting that up easier? Or if anybody could tell me how to do it. I would be using after effects or premiere pro cs5.

I realize im asking an extremely complicated question, but if you could even just point me in the right direction id truly appreciate it.

Thanks guys!

<!– [DocumentBodyEnd:28471464-303e-4b29-904b-86902c2642ba] –><!– BEGIN attachments –><!– END attachments –>

Participant

I’d check for a “water” effect (or one with the word water) in your NLE, or search Google for one. You can also check and see if it has smoke effect.

Participant

there are many flag/wave plugins for AE and you can apply them to video, getting specular hilights and shadows with just a click. As for the smoke, you can always shoot some white smoke over black and key it. You can also create and animate smoke by using particle illusion or other particle plugins.

Inactive

Film some smoke rising on a black backdrop, use this as a luminance mask on the clip you have in mind

The principle will apply in any NLE

Smoke clips as a displacement and luminance mask on your video clip, then composite this as DODGE onto the smoke clip. Hope this helps you moxyman

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camcorders for any video shooter — 2021

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
homicide-bootstrap