Creating a light-ray effect on text

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 and After Effects 6.5. Does anyone know of a site where I can learn how to make a text effect that makes it look like light is shining thru and moving, like in this example?

Newbie here. I found this business website (see link below) that has an awsome Demo Reel. After going to this site: http://www.robinsondesign.net/weddingvideo/viewwork.html

Click on Demo Reel 1. Does anyone know what kind of software they used to make some of the examples in Reel 1?

Participant

Check out the “Shine” plugin for AE from Trapcode.

Participant

Yeah, I know AE doesn’t have that effect built in (wish it did).

Participant

depending on the version you have, it might have come with one called “CC Light Burst” that is similar, but i’ve found it to be slow and not as smooth looking. my version of AE came with “Cycore effects” or something like that on the install disk so you might want to go back and check for any plugins you might have forgotten to install when you were installing the software.

Participant

Hmmm. Did you buy a bundle (like with a capture card etc.) or just the software stand alone?

Participant

i bought the video collection, but my previous job had bought AE 6.5 pro on its own and those effects were in there also.

Inactive

but is that effect in AE 7 pro?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap