cost

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

does anyone know the best camera to get for about $6000,

Participant

Yay! I get to be the first one to ask all the questions. πŸ™‚

What do you plan to do with it? What is important to you in a camcorder? Is this budget for the camera, or for the accessories too? Do you have pro audio gear and lighting already, or do you have to purchase those as well as the camera on this budget?

Do you already have a computer and software to edit the video the best camera for $6,000 will produce or will you need to get these as well?

As everyone on here will tell you, there is no best camera. Every camera is a trade off depending on what is important to you and your situation, and how much you want to pay to get fullfill your needs in a camera.

Participant

Thinking further on it, I can tell you what I would do if someone handed me $6000.

I do wedding and event video, as well as small productions like short films, commercials and music videos. I’m not interested in sports videography so much.

I’d get a Canon D60with the 18-200 lens to compliment my T3i since I also do still photography. I’d get a 35mm prime since I already have a 50mm prime. I’d also get a rig that had a shoulder pad, follow focus and matte box.

I’d get a Canon XA10 as my primary video camera at weddings and events to get the master shot and a continuous track of audio from my wireless mics so I can edit my HDSLR footage over the XA10.

I’d add a new wireless to myaudio kit.

I’d get a GoPro, because they’re small,inexpensiveand fun.

And finally, I would spend any leftover on batteries, cases, etc which can actually add up pretty fast.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to choose the right computer for video editing: 4 key specs to check

Buying the best workstation for your needs means understanding how the CPU, GPU, RAM and storage options work together to enhance overall performance.
homicide-bootstrap