Correcting aspect ratio of TIFF file in Premiere Pro

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Correcting aspect ratio of TIFF file in Premiere Pro

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      arthouse
      Participant

Hi all, I’m wondering if you can help. I’m using CS3 and working with standard definition, PAL, 16:9 footage. I want to create a ‘freeze frame’ effect, and the way I’m going about it is to create a TIFF image file of the frame I want to freeze, and then insert it at the very point I want to hold the frame.

To do this, I have selected the frame I want, gone to Export, then Frame, saved a TIFF file of the frame in the correct aspect ratio of 16:9 (as per the whole project). When I then import the TIFF file into the timeline, it squishes it to 4:3.

My question is, is there a quick way to fix the aspect ratio without pulling and dragging the image around (which isn’t precise enough for my liking). Any help would be great on this.

Thanks.

Coreece
      Participant

you can right click the file in the bin and goto “interpret footage” and set the correct aspect ratio…I’m not exactly sure what the problem is but if that doesn’t work you could always manually stretch the footage with minimal to no quality loss.

Grinner Hester
      Participant

right click clip/hold frame. No need to export and import a tiff.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN