Copyright on Video

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I searched for this topic but didn’t find a suitable answer, so I hope y’all can help me out.

We produced a 10-minute video for a hunt club that has some exotic deer within a 600-acre fenced area (as well as thousands of other acres of native hunting). We are getting pounded by a group of animal activists at the local university, stealing our website code and video snippets to spread them around the web saying, “Stop these canned hunts.”

Now the local TV station is airing pieces of our video and little pieces they shot, and they are slamming the “canned hunts” places in very prominent slots in their last 3 broadcasts. Is it legal for them to take our video and use it to slam the customer?

We have a call in to the hunt club owner’s attorney but I figured I’d ask you guys since you’re right on the subject.

Thanks.

Suwannee

Inactive

What does your agreement say? Is the material copyright to you or the client?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap