copying DVD commentary track

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Im trying to copy a commentary track off a DVD. I can copy the DVD onto my computer using DVD Shrink and I have Adobe Audition and Adobe Premiere. I can find the video files but not the set audio tracks. I want to find a specific audio commentary track and convert it to an MP3 file. Thanks in advance.

Inactive

DVD Decrypter does it. It displays all the video, audio, and subtitle tracks for each VTS. You can then select which ones you want and which ones you don’t. The program was free but is now illegal to have. Some sites still have it available, even though they’re supposed to remove it.

Participant

I apreciate your response.

Participant

Ok I tried using DVD Decrypter, but it did not do any better that DVD Shrink. After using these products I’m left with VOB files, but they are all video files. They consist of the main movie with soundtrack, usually the opening logo, menu screen etc. But no way to access the commentary tracks. Any one else have any ideas?

Inactive

Go to Adobes Encore DVD forum and look through the FAQ for version 1.5. In there is a guide on using DVD decrypter. It explains how to set it up for stripping the raw files off of a DVD. I use this all the time. Great stuff. Glad you have the program.

Its a good idea to save the guide for future reference.

Inactive

I saved you the trouble of finding it. Click the below link.

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bbaa7cc

This is the guide for setting up DVD decrypter. Its not hard. Once you do it a couple of times you’ll fully understand what its doing.

If you don’t have Encore DVD, but you do have another authoring program, it should still work. It strips the original MPEG2 video, AC3 or PCM audio, and subtitle tracks to your hard drive. This is the toughest part. Your authoring program should accept them.

Participant

I didn’t understand the whole process before, but now I see. Thanks.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap