Copying a DVD with computer

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’m looking for an easy way to copy a DVD on my computer. My friend has whitewater rafting footage that his friend shot. He borrowed the DVD and would like me to copy it. I’m not sure what format it was burned as. My concern is that I won’t be able to just rip the DVD files and re-burn it as a new one. I know this can’t be too hard to achieve, I feel like I am missing something. I have Pinnacle Studio 12 and their Dazzle software, but I don’t want to plug a DVD player in through RCA cables and record it that way. I just want to rip the DVD files and re-burn it through my computer. I just don’t want him to bring it over and then I find that I can’t figure an easy way to do it. Granted, worse case scenario, I have a DVD recorder/VCR combo…I could always record to VHS and then back to DVD, but I’m trying not to hurt the quality.

Participant

Most DVD burners come with some free software that will allow you to copy a DVD. For instance the last one I bought came with a version of NERO. It allows you to copy CD’s, music or data, andDVD’s along with other tools that I have not paid much attention too.

Participant

If it is a burned DVD, look in the TS_VIDEO folder for .VOB files – Just copy them to your hard drive as .MPG (they are MPEG-2 files) and burn a new DVD using them or play them on your PC or edit them in your NLE

This only works for non-copy protected DVD’s.

Also, both Roxio and Nero have non-copy protected DVD copying utilities.

Inactive

Cville,

Yes, I’ll see if I have Nero on my computer…

birdcat,

Right, I have heard something like that before. I am using one of my DVD-R copies that I have for an example…I’ll give it a shot and see what happens…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best micro four thirds lenses — 2021

MFT, or micro four thirds, is a popular mount style used by many manufacturers in conjunction with the micro 4/3 sensor. It’s good to keep in mind that micro four thirds camera systems use a smaller sensor.
homicide-bootstrap