- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 13 years, 10 months ago by Anonymous.
- May 26, 2006 at 12:32 PM #39172AnonymousInactive
hey guys, had some audio and stuff like that that i wanted to copyright, and wanted to know how i go about doing that.
- May 26, 2006 at 12:46 PM #169751AnonymousInactive
A real quick way is to mail a copy of the music to yourself and DON’T open it when you get it back. The postal system will stamp the date on it. If the envelop is not opened, the contents existed on the stamped date. Safe guard it in case you need to go to court.
The proper way would be to contact the copyright office for the appropriate forms. Sorry, I don’t know the address.
- May 26, 2006 at 4:40 PM #169752AnonymousInactive
That "real quick way" of self-mailing is utterly USELESS in court. There have been people severely stomped on that one.
The ONLY way to copyright your work is to submit it to the Copyright Office.
- May 26, 2006 at 8:58 PM #169753AnonymousInactive
thanks guys. i’ll get on it. 😉
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.