copy protection programs?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      reptilist
      Participant

Where do I find the software to inhibit copying of my DVD videos?

brandon0409
      Participant

Unfortunately, you can’t. The extent that you are able to do is to record markers to your burned DVD to give to a reproduction facility. Only then can the copy protection be recorded to the disk.There are other more complex ways but for the standard macrovision protection, that’s the only way.

videolab
      Participant

Well any decent DVD authoring program has CSS and Macrovision protections. These are badly broken technologies however and will not stop anyone from copying the dvd. Why do you want to copy protect anyway?

brandon0409
      Participant

I use DVD Studios Pro (Most recent version). In the instructions it states that the CSS and Macrovison protection feature only creates the markers but does not actually protect. It is only for mass production.

On all of the others that I have sampled, they say the same thing.

reptilist
      Participant

Videolab…

I am the video producer for the XCFC, a mixed martial arts group. I have been mass producing each fight event on dvdz and selling them…It would be nice to have the same copy protection that professionally marketed dvdz have.

Anonymous
      Inactive

there is no foolproof copy protection for dvds that are burned.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Where do I find the software to inhibit copying of my DVD videos?

As mentioned above….you can’t!

Even the MAJOR companies that put out dvd movies, can’t protect their movies from being copied.

pseudosafari

Anyone know if DVD’s produced through CreateSpace and marketed on Amazon.com have copy protection?

https://www.createspace.com/Products/DVD/

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN