Copy pictures from a slideshow

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

When creating a video picture album it is almost impossible for a customer to make copies of the pictures in the slideshow. Is there some other format to use that you can have music plus access to copy the pictures. I know that I can make two files one slideshow and one data but if possible would like to make just one. Thanks

Participant

One would think you’d want to disallow folks from copying rather than making it easier.

Why would you want this (as opposed to just giving them a disc filled with jpg’s)?

Redbarn, I used to shoot images directly onto my hard drive and editing system using an overhead camera and table system, before changing my setup to use scanning images instead … for a multitude of reasons that I’ll not go into here.

In the process of going to scanning and processing images in the creation of the hundreds of montages I produce annually, I started out charging for the scans, changed to a reduced price for purchasing a photo jpeg CD of the scans that went into the project, to sometimes offering reduced pricing or even giving the photo CD scans away with the product, depending on size, scope and complexity of the project.

As Bruce notes, I wouldn’t WANT to give away those scans (even though as some of my clients have pointed out, I had to scan the images to create their montage, so why NOT give them the photos on CD?) all the time. If the project is a big one and scanning becomes a seriously involved aspect of the production, including photo retouching, repair, computer enhancement, Photoshop applications, etc., then maybe they’ll get them … but they’ve already actually paid a premium for them.

When I do scans, no touchup or maybe very basic color correction, in preparing for a low-priced montage production, then clients will pay anywhere from $10 to $50 for the photo CD, depending on how many images were involved.

At any rate, in answer to your question, I know of no other way, except for doing what you said about creating a dual-file (slideshow/montage and data for images) to offer this. I ALWAYS include two disks, one DVD of the video project and one CD of the jpeg files, housed in a dual-disk case for my clients. I wouldn’t want to make a dual disk because other frustrations, complications and possible aggravations will probably come into play if I did … consumers not always being THAT savvy about what can, or should, play where.

Participant

Thanks for you responses. My customer would like music under their pictures but also wants to make copies if they want. The two disks option sound like the best bet.

I really used to shoot images directly onto my hard drive and editing system using an overhead camera and table system, before changing my setup to use scanning images instead … so for a multitude of reasons that I’ll not go into here. good luck

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap