Converting VHS to DVD

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I want to begin converting old VHS tapes to DVD, are there any recommendations as to which VHS/
      dvd recorder does this well?

Participant

Hi Rod,

Hank is right but I appreciate the problem when you have very many hours of already edited tape on VHS. I bought a Sony Casette/DVD Recorder (Model RDR-VX420) for this reason and, although I’ve only transferred a couple of films so far have to say that I am well pleased with the results (although the manual, if clearly expresse, is somewhat daunting!)

Regards,

Richard Jones

I would say – in these days, any of the new major brand DVD recorder models will do it well (Sony, Panasonic, Philips, JVC). It used to be an issue years back but now you’re safe with any of those. More important thing is to consider DVD-R discs themselves, some brands still do not perform as well as the others. I’d recommend Maxell’s DVD-R media. If you’re not in a rush, consider also waiting until the HDDVD/Blu-Ray recorder prices drop down.

~kw

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs for video — 2021

These are the best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs on the market today, organized by use case. All are worthy of your hard-earned dollar.
homicide-bootstrap