converting VHS to dvd

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, and I have some specific questions about converting VHS home videos to DVD. Here is the situation: my mom wants me to buy a piece of equipment that presumably you put a VHS tape in, and a DVD in, and it plays the VHS and copies it onto the DVD. does such a machine exist? if it does, please provide me with information about the possible options. If not, how else could I go about this project? would I have to use my computer?

thank you in advance

John

Inactive

yes, there are vcr/dvd combos that will record to dvd, i would recommend that if you are going to go that route, look for one that has a time base corrector built in to help get the best quality of the vhs tape.

John

Participant

Check out Walmart.com and look up DVD recorders. There are several that have a VCR combined with the DVD recorder. You could also use a DVD recorder and just hook up the VCR to it. This would just be for transfering with no editing. Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2021

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap