Converting Standard to Widescreen

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Is it possible to convert standard footage 4:3 into PAL widescreen. I have some footage that was shot as 4:3 but the client wants it burned to DVD as widescreen. I have started a new project in PR9 as widescreen template and imported footage. I then have to stretch the 4:3 footage to fit into the widescreen format which then blurs the original footage making it look bad. Do i have any options. Also the original footage is imported as an AVI via pinnacle as PR9 doesn’t seem to support the audio on my Dazzle. thanks

Participant

There’stwo otherways of doing this: croping and scaling. Cropping means you chop of the top and bottom sections. scaling means you add black bars to the sides .you can do this by resizing

Participant

I’d not rescale anything. Just letterbox it.

Letterboxing, in and of itself, does not WIDESCREEN make. Otherwise it winds up with black pillars and bars and only a reduced screen area. What I’ve found is that a vast majority of players available today provide playback that does a fairly decent job of filling a widescreen without pillars or bars, and sometimes if they do occur, minimizing the 4:3 look. Sometimes you can have pizza without making any quota at all πŸ˜‰

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap