Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › Converting Standard to Widescreen
- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 years, 7 months ago by Anonymous.
- August 28, 2011 at 2:59 AM #47403AnonymousInactive
Is it possible to convert standard footage 4:3 into PAL widescreen. I have some footage that was shot as 4:3 but the client wants it burned to DVD as widescreen. I have started a new project in PR9 as widescreen template and imported footage. I then have to stretch the 4:3 footage to fit into the widescreen format which then blurs the original footage making it look bad. Do i have any options. Also the original footage is imported as an AVI via pinnacle as PR9 doesn’t seem to support the audio on my Dazzle. thanks
- August 28, 2011 at 5:01 AM #195296XTR-91Participant
There’stwo otherways of doing this: croping and scaling. Cropping means you chop of the top and bottom sections. scaling means you add black bars to the sides .you can do this by resizing
- August 28, 2011 at 2:05 PM #195297Grinner HesterParticipant
I’d not rescale anything. Just letterbox it.
- August 28, 2011 at 6:04 PM #195298EarlCMember
Letterboxing, in and of itself, does not WIDESCREEN make. Otherwise it winds up with black pillars and bars and only a reduced screen area. What I’ve found is that a vast majority of players available today provide playback that does a fairly decent job of filling a widescreen without pillars or bars, and sometimes if they do occur, minimizing the 4:3 look. Sometimes you can have pizza without making any quota at all 😉
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.