Converting mp4 to frames

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello World!

Can any one help me how I can convert video clips to frames using premier or whatever?

I am trying to use it as a background image of my 3D animation (Houdini)

I’d appreciate it if any one can post an example file or video showing step by step procedure.

Participant

You are going to have to be a little bit more specific. Are you trying to capture a frame as a still?

Inactive

I’ve usedVirtual Dub recently to split a video file into its constituent frames (in .png format).

Just open up your video file in virtual dub and then go toFile > Export > Image Sequence…

Virtual Dub works with .avi files so you’ll probably have to convert your video first.

Inactive

Thank you very much for responding.

I am trying to convert them as same as the original motion picture.

I need the motion picture to load into my camera setting in Houdini as back ground image of my animated obj. And eventually I am going to render it out to various format, such as mov an etc.

Some one told me first step is that I have to convert the video file to frames to achieve it.

Also, I wonder how i can output the rendering to higher resolution to play it in a bigger screen.

Hope to hear from you. Thank you very much in advance.

I can upload the mp4 file for you if you can use to demonstrate or you can use one of your example file.

Steve

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camcorders for any video shooter — 2021

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
homicide-bootstrap