You're using a beta version of our new web site.

Converting HD Video File to Normal DVD Format

Home Forums Cameras and Camcorders Consumer Camcorders Converting HD Video File to Normal DVD Format

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I have a GZ HD-3, in the past I have been converting the HD Video file to a normal DVD format but I loose an extremely amount of quality. I was told that if I use firewire I will get better quality, does anybody know how I can do this with Firewire? Thanks!

Rob
    Participant

I Goggled your camera and it seems to be a HDD camera. Transferring via firewire won’t increase quality. In fact, no connection will increase quality because your video is already recorded to a hard drive in your camera. All you’re doing is a simple file transfer when you go from camera to computer. So it’s not a connection issue.

What steps have you taken to down-convert for SD DVD? And have you tested your DVD on a TV or did you just look at it on your computer? SD video looks bad on a computer, and keep in mind that you are going from HD to SD, so a loss in resolution is inevitable.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.