Converting AVI files embedded with AAC audio

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Have just purchased SDHDC HDMI camcorder from Maplin at 57 off list, purely for home video use. Have also purchased Samsung HD new generation LED TV.

Problem 1, when playing files direct from camera or from a flash stick, TV tells me audio codec not supported.

Problem 2, using a Mac, OSX Leopard operating system, iMovie8 cannot see the camera.

I can copy the AVI files successfully with audio to my Panasonic DVD writer but would prefer to play on TV direct from SD card or flash. I need to convert the AVI files with advanced audio coding into something the TV can use and these are listed as:

Divx 3.11, Divx 4.x, Divx 5.1, Divx 6, XviD, H264 BP, H.264 MP, H.264 HP, MPEG-4 SP, MPEG-4 ASP Motion JPEG and with any of these the TV audio will play MP3, AC3, LPCM, ADPCM (MULAW ALAW) !

I have tried 3ivx Divx Doctor 2 but it told me I needed to purchase more sophisticated software, which I do not want to do unless I can be sure it will work. And I do not want to purchase iMovie9 unless I can be sure it will work and save in the format required after editing.

It may read like I know what I am talking about but I assure you I don’t. All these file names are (as a retired, non computer savvy bloke) just gobbledegook to me.

Can anybody help please – talk slowly…..

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best digital storage for video editors — 2021

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap