contract/agreement

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Anyone know of a place to download or see samples of legal contracts/agreements or templates for freelance videography?
      Thanks

Participant

There’s weva (weva.com) and videouniversity.com

None are perfect though. Be sure your contract (call it an "agreement" to your clients) spells out rights and that it spells out when you are to be paid and what will happen if you are not paid within x number of days.

Also, if you work on deposit, be sure it specifies how many days before the shoot date the deposit must be paid, what happens upon cancellation and how long checks will be held for clearance before they are considered as "payment".

I’ve had no problems with wedding clients, but business clients often pose payment issues. A check is not a "payment" until it clears.

Let us know how your contract search turns out – and welcome to the forums!

Participant

This is a good question. I too would like to see an some examples of contracts, so that I can use them as a starting point for mine.

It’s to bad that I’m not in the market for the use of a videographer. πŸ˜€

Those sites listed above didn’t really show to much detail in regards to contracts. At least I couldn’t find them. πŸ˜•

Inactive

Hank:

$499 for 100 copies.

Do you get this option selected often? That’s an incredible price per disc for the customer, but that does seem like a lot of work, if you ask me! Do you have a DVD duplicator to handle that, or do you try it on a regular machine with just a couple burners? 😯

Participant

compusolver Wrote:

help yourself to one of mine –

http://www.okvideoguy.com/wedcontract.doc

Thanks, this is a good start.
      I think you just about cover everything in your agreement.

Thanks again,
      RB

Participant

You are welcome to check mine out as well:
      http://www.foreverendeavor.net/media/Wedding%20Video%20Contract.pdf

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available β€” 2021

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap