Considering an HG 10

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      ptlahache
      Participant

I have spent most of the day and a several days last week doing research to determine which camcorder to purchase. I have just about decided on the HG10, but I would like some last minute help before making the purchase.

My main purpose is to record high school soccer games. I am a high school coach and a teacher. We review the game videos to analyze the games so I would like to have as much detail as possible. We also have a lot of requests from players for highlight videos to send to college coaches and to keep as family videos.

I also make instructional soccer videos for my players. I am not doing anything on a commercial basis, but I do like to have high quality videos. These are action videos and I usually like to break them down into slow motion and freeze some of the frames to demonstrate skills.

Most of our games are played at night. We play in stadiums and the lighting is usually good.

I know that this camera produces AVCHD format. I will be editing with a Mac Pro Intel Dual Processor which currently has 3G of RAM. I plan to import the video using iMovie 08 and then edit with either iMovie 08 or HD6 and then use iDVD to produce the DVD’s.

I am looking for advice. Is this the best camera and is High Def the best way to go here?

Thanks for the help!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.