Confused. ini dv to DVD issues

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi all,

I had a JVC mini dv camcorder. been taking video of my kids for years. Started to download to DVD and noticed issues with quality.

I bought a second hand samsung to download with. am now getting pixelation on the right hand side.

Borrowed a canon camcorder from a friend and although it can playback really well but whilst downloading my computer ejects the dvd after about 20 minutes. What ami doing wrong?

Ive tried a cleaning tape on the samsung, no use.

Inactive

The experts here would need more information about the software and settings you are using to give you any answers about the quality issues.

The 20 minute limit sounds like you may be using a computer with the hard drive formatted in FAT32, which has a file size limit of 4GB.  This equates to 18 minutes of DV video.

Participant

Hi there

thanks for your reply. impretty sure its NTFS, but will check and post here with more information!

Participant

Hi all

All my drives are NTFS, but am going stright from Camcorder – Panasonic NV-DS11B

After about 20 mins it says dvd finished, but theres another 50 mins left.

I dont want to keep chucking dvd’s at thsi!!!

As I said it didnt happen with my samsung VPD381/XEU although i had bad pixelation which redered the results useless!

Any help greatfully received

Andy

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best camera bags and cases — 2021

Finding the right camera bag or case for your gear can be challenging, particularly if this is the first bag or case you've ever purchased.
homicide-bootstrap