Confused about what kind of camera I should buy

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am looking to buy a new prosumer level camera to shoot local tourism videos and weddings and conferences. So kind of a wide-range. I also want to buy something that will be relevant and practical for several years.

I’ve been asking some friends for advice and one says I should stick with Sony. One says I should stick with Panasonic. One says I should get HDV. Another few says STAY AWAY FROM HDV FOREVER ITS THE DEVIL (His words, not mine).

I don’t really understand the difference between HDV and DVCPro HD or what is so wrong with HDV.

I don’t know if I would be okay with a $2000 camera like the Sony HDR-FX7 or if I should go all out and look for a used HVX200 kit.

I also don’t know if I should look only at flash drive cameras or tape cameras.

The HVX200 looks so practical because it records to P2 cards *or* tape *or* a firestore drive. Some of the kits I’ve been looking at include some P2 cards and even firestore drives.

But would it be more economical/practical to just go with a traditional tape camera?

I DON’T KNOW and feel so overwhelmed. I would appreciate honest feedback if anyone can help me. Thank you!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap