Confused

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi, I’m new here , found it great forum, I found some useful threads and I decided to post aswell as Ineed some help

I have researched on internet and I found panasonic pv-gs 250 and 400 to be good choice but lot of stores didnt have them and the ones had, had the price for pv-gs 400 was usually around 1200 dollars. But i am looking to buy camcorder for maximum price around 1100 dollars. I found similar companies like USA photonation and TCS cameras which sell bodies only, so i found it be clever to buy only body from them for around 650-670 dollars and later buy charger and battery from brandsmart for 130 dollars(charger and battery both in total) so it be like less than 900 dollars for pv-gs 400. But then i found they are crap companies, they dont really sell as they state on website. Aswell i was offered from a store beyond electronics a canon optura 40 which original price was set to 1090 dollars and they promised to reduce to 890$ and give me wide angle lends, firewire, tape and lens protection for free. I didnt like canon optura 40, i dont think its worth that. And actually i was informed later that they sell camcorders in brown boxes, which have been in factory twice, they have ripped off the factory signs which is illeagel and they sell them as brand new(with out warranty and anything) so its kinda carbage.

So i am bit confused where to buy camcorders for a wise price but to get right thing aswell.
      I want to get for 1100 dollars camcorder that can be achived film look and be used to green/ blue screening. Now that film look,i know isnt all about camcorder only, its shooting(angles) lighting and post production but still id like to get for that price camcorder that best helps to get film look. Canon gl 2 might be close one for price and quality but it kinda stays aswell around 1200-1300 dollars. Ive seen for 1150 dollars a kit but i dont know if its trusted reseller. Aswell I found panasonic AG-DVC7 looking a pro camcorder but isnt it bit getting old as its 1CCD, the lens is probably a lot better than some not pro 3ccd camcorders but is it enough?

Anyway I hope here are people that can give suggestions or their opinions and i think its useful information about some of the stores i mentioned above, so people could avoid these for any problems.

Participant

I bought a Gl2 from Beach Camera. Flawless experience and saved me like $400. Plus they are an authorized dealer so you can get rebates and warranty. Just my humble opinion. Check prices though:

http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/home.aspx

Inactive

I am thinking of going with Panasonic AG-DVC7 as i could get it for 1000 dollars unless its bad idea? I read the other thread about same thing, pv-gs 400 vs AG-DVC7 but i couldnt get the summary of which then should one buy. I cant seem to find a store that has pv-gs 400 in stock and for around 1000 dollars :'(

BTW: what does mean that some camcorders are for international use, whats the difference?

I think this link could be useful, it might have to be in sticky or smthing πŸ™‚
      THE list of store where to buy camcorders and where not to buy:
      http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14677

Participant

BTW: what does mean that some camcorders are for international use, whats the difference?

Yes. There are several different format standards. For instance, in most of Europe they use PAL which uses 25 fps and a different res (don’t remember off the top of my head). Make sure you don’t get duped into buying one that isn’t NTSC (the US standard)!

Inactive

exactly, i am sure 90% i wont screen directly from camcorder to tv ,my videos, my itend is to film and then via firewire or usb 2.0 transfer to pc where to i do post production editing and then store on websites, servers or save on dvd. So if i save on dvd it should work on tv aswell. But i am not gonna show through tv via wire quite sure. Other than that the camcorder is then same? either way pv-gs400 or any other camcorder below 1500 doesnt record on 25, 24 frames per secound, dont they record 30 upper and 30 down frames per secound, so 30 full frames per secound? so frame rate should be same 30 but resolution only is different?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap