Conference Interview Tips, Tricks & Good Lighting–Practices

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Miscellaneous Techniques Conference Interview Tips, Tricks & Good Lighting–Practices

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello,

Do you have any suggestions, tips and tricks for conducting unscripted, candid & extemporaneous interviews midst the hectic bustle of professional conferences?

**Along with your other remarks, of specific interest is: how did you handle lighting?

Soon,Im going to be shooting field interviewsduring a professional conference held at aConference Center atan upscale property in Silicon Valley.

While Ive viewed Tom Skowronskis (thanks, Tom, for all the great vids…and best regards in your new role!) vidcasts on Interview Lighting a couple of times, I think the distinction between interviews on a set vs. in a hotel could be important.

What’s been your experience? And, what do you suggest?

**What I envision is grabbing a couch in the corner not too far from a coffee bar…setting up my camera (Canon Vixia HF M300), portable tripod, field mixer, wired lavalier mics and lights.)

Its the lights that have been a problem in the past. I have two Lowel Pros (e.g., http://www.lowel.com/prolight/) which are nice and portableexcept I cant seem to figure out the best way to use them in the field. Results? Harsh, or washed-out, light. Never just right.

Welcome suggestions (e.g., pointerst to existing articles or vidcasts…or something new) on capturing great field interviews with suitable lighting in venuessuch as busy, hectic professional conferences.

Many thanks in advance…here’s to success in one take.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap