Computer purchase question…..?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi all. I am new to the group and could use some help. I am getting back into video production after being out for 10 years. I am looking to purchase a computer that would be pretty close to meeting my needs out of the box. The one I am looking at is the Sony RC-110 with it’s own 128 MB dedicated video card http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=332829&pfp=BROWSE and just add another gig of memory. Or would it be better to buy a less expensive one like this Sony RB 52 http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=333358&pfp=BROWSE and add a better video card and memory? Or if you guys could recommend a better out of the box computer and any necessary upgrades? As most everybody else, I am trying to get the most bang for the buck. Thanks in advance for your help.

Participant

What software are you planning on using? For example for Premiere Pro almost any mid range video card will perfectly adequate.

What will your target output be?

Participant

I personally think HP m7260n is a better PC for video editing. You can upgrade the RAM up to 4GB. I don’t have any experience with HP PC. May be some can give the their real experience with an HP computer.

Participant

I have about 20 months experience with Adobe Premiere Pro on my HP zv5000z LAPTOP!

I love it!

Participant

that is a very good point I never thought of. I am looking to get back into it as a hobby. It would be nice to take it in to a local shop to get it fixed if something goes wrong. As far as software goes, it will most likely be Adobe Premiere. The thing I really like about the RC 110G by Sony is the built in analog video capture connections. Doesnt this seem as it would be a “cleaner” setup than having a breakout box for analog? Is this even improtant? Thanks for the advice. πŸ™‚

Participant

Yeah, I have a lot of HI-8 tapes I want to download onto the computer. Thus the need for an analog converter. And the old camcorder I used for HI-8 only has an S-Video connection. I guess when I think about it, it’s not that big of a deal, once I download all the tapes I won’t have any use for it. Thanks again.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap