computer help

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

hey guys, i’ve got a sony Vaio laptop, and i’m wanting to get an additional flat screen monitor for easier editing, and viewing. so, i was wanting to know, is it possible to get a flat screen monitor, hook it up to my laptop, and be able to see what i’m editing, and all that stuff on my laptop, and my new monitor?

Inactive

well, what do i need to make this work????

Inactive

I have a 17" HP laptop with S-Video out. This works like doing Power Point with the laptop screen enabled. If you get a monitor that takes S-Video, simply plug it in and select external screen. You can also plug powered external speakers into the headset plug of the laptop.

Inactive

I have a PIII Sony Viao, and it does "mirror" screen. Too bad I can’t edit on that older unit, but it’s great for a surf box, photoshop, webpages, etc.

MF

Participant

WIth most laptops you will have either a VGA out or a DVI out on either the side or back of the laptop. A VGA port is blue in color and looks like this
      http://www.traderock.com/images/Img624.jpg

A DVI is usually but not necisarily white and looks like this
      http://www.ngohq.com/images/articles/7800gtx/Pictures/Dual%20DVI.JPG

You also could have a mini DVI port which looks much like the DVI port but is about half the size.

Once you make sure that your laptop has one of these (which almost any laptop in the past few years has one) Go get yourself a monitor that preferribly has the same port that your laptop has. There are adapters available if your monitor does not match your laptop. Once your monitor is connected right click on the desktop and choose properties. Then choose to use the secondary monitor. (Sorry I cant remember what tab to choose as i am using a mac now and cant look at the moment it is the last tab though i remember that)
      Hope this helps.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap