Computer has lost the ability to play large video files

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Computer has lost the ability to play large video files

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

After working ok for a long time my comp wont play AVI files in media player or real player, wont encode files in windows encoder, wont accept AVI files greater than 30mbs in Serious Magic Ultra. Im running XP, 2gbs ram 800 gbs HDs and using Pinnacle Avid. I would appreciate any help please.
      Tim

Inactive

Thank you for your reply, I have 7gbs spare on the sys drive, its been like that for 8 months and there has been no probs until about a month ago when the media player gave trouble, got around that by using VLC media player which strangely enough can still play AVI files but the other problems are still there, many thanks for your input, much appreciated. Tim

Inactive

Thank you for taking time out to help me Hank, when this started happening I downloaded media player 9 advanced codec and then media player 11 all to no avail. The programs i use lock up when i try to play them incl Ultra which i dont think has any connection to media player.
      Tim

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lenses for video — 2021

Lenses are key to making your favorite camera create the images you envision. These are the best lenses for video available today.
homicide-bootstrap