Compression question

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

For the project in Encore, I have 6.14GB "used" for a 4.7 sized disk… I WANT to keep all that’s in it, but I can drop one thing. That drops it down to only 4.9GB used… how do you compress it all to fit on the disk?

When I build it, it complains that there is more content than what can go on the disk. I’ve used another program that can compress it to fit… but Encore has more flexibility, so I was really wanting to do it in that.

Thanks in advance.

Inactive

First, are your video assets transcoded to the MPEG2 format? Did Encore transcode them?

If you built your project using AVIs, then next to each video file in your assets window should say someting like "Automatic", or "Don’t transcode". Automatic is supposed to evaluate the amount of content being used on the disc and adjust the bitrate so everything will fit. Its possible that Encore is already at its lowest settings. To find out, pick any 1 video file that states "Automatic" next to it. Right click and select trancode settings. Look at what the actual setting is and select a lower setting if possible. I’ve managed to fit 2 hours and 10 minutes worth of video on a single layer disc.

If your video files say ‘Don’t Transcode", you won’t be able to make any changes. Hope this helps.

Participant

gah…I don’t know why it let me this time, but I’m now able to save with the absolute lowest settings and now takes up 4.61GB… but when I try to make a DVD image, I get a message saying that one of the files could not transcode properly because it falls below Encore’s 2Mbps bitrate and that I need to either make more space or take something out of the project. I set the disk size to 8.4GB and I get a different error…a message saying that a problem has occurred and that I have one chance to save.

When I try to transcode manually, I get an error stating that there was a problem starting the transcoding.

Inactive

I don’t know if this helps, I m no expert, just a learner.
      I use a mac with decidedly low end software.
      I’d burn the disc image on my hd at the highest quality and treat it as a master file. (I use Imovie, and idvd from apple). Then I’d compress the master disc with a disc copy utility like Roxio Toast to get my 8 gig 1080i file to fit a standard dvd. later when hi def burners drop in price, I’d offer the upgrade.

Participant

well, right now, my problem isn’t the burning because I can’t even get it to transcode. >.<

Inactive

Perhaps you have a hardware problem. A hard drive on the brink of catastrophic failure, corrupting data?
      I don’t know your software or hardware, will spare you the get a mac speech, and hope somebody helps you get it sorted. will watch and hope and learn…good luck though.
      ;o)

Participant

;0) Wrote:

Perhaps you have a hardware problem. A hard drive on the brink of catastrophic failure, corrupting data?
      I don’t know your software or hardware, will spare you the get a mac speech, and hope somebody helps you get it sorted. will watch and hope and learn…good luck though.
      ;o)

Thanks, but it’s not hardware…at least not worn out hardware. I also tried on a new machine but still same problem.

Participant

I figured out how to do it in Premiere….it just takes about 2hrs per segment x_x I was able to successfully bring in the MPEG2 video from Premiere into Encore and create a DVD image…the hard part is getting the proper bitrate to be able to get it all on one disk.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap