Compression issue – red blockiness, pixelation

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Compression issue – red blockiness, pixelation

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m having trouble compressing a video (NTSC, .dv format) without getting blockiness in the red area. The .dv file does not have it, but when compressing for playback on a Brightsign player, every file I make has this blockiness. I’ve tried H.264, and both HD and SD MPEG-2 Transport Streams. (screenshot attached)

redblock

Any suggestions for file formats that wouldn’t have this problem, or maybe I just need to change a setting in Compressor? I could also use Sorensen Squeeze 6 if it would help.

Currently I’m just doing trial and error, but I’m running out of time, so any advice is appreciated.

Participant

That red shirt is probably too saturated. Use the LIMIT EFFECT option in the 3-Way Color Corrector to select the red shirt and desaturate slightly.

Participant

Correct to legal standards then compress as ya need.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap