Comedy short film series

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Just started airing my comedy short film series on youtube. Shot on a Nikon D7000 with 50mm 1.8, 28mm 2.8, and 18-105mm kit lens. Lit usingmostly practicals, just swapped out the bulbs with daylight CFLs. Crane and dolly shots were done with DIY PVC builds.No budget, aside from the camera rig.

http://www.youtube.com/deadrighthand

Inactive

The videos were alright. I laughed a little at a couple of jokes, but overall I would rate it a 7. I wouldn’t recommend using a video cameras mic especially in a closed house with so much reverb. And I think you should expand it out your house instead of inside it. (me saying that after watching two episodes) Plus love the camera work, and angles. But feel free to check out my work. πŸ™‚

Participant

Thanks for the feedback. I was using a Rode stereo mic (mounted on camera) but have since upgraded to a H4N with a Rode NTG2 on a boom for the upcoming second season. We did have some other locations on season 1 but it was shot during northern Minnesota winter so most of them are indoors due to -20 degree weather. There were a couple outdoor scenes but they weren’t very pleasent to shoot. I’m surprised the camera held up to the temp. It held up better than the actors did.
      I started checking out your Hornet Man show. The cape was a nice touch. Camera was a little shaky, but overall, I’m liking it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment β€” 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap