Color Festival Video (a 5K run)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I would love to have some constructive helpful feedback on this film I just shot and edited. It is of “The Color Run” which is basically a 5K run where all the participants dress in white and onlookers throw colored chalk on them as they go by! It’s an enthusiastic, fun crowd as you’ll see.

I went down and filmed the event, no special access or anything – and I’d love any thoughts on what you think, what works, what I can improve on (in production and post). Thanks guys πŸ™‚
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXrf3es5HzA&list=UUY-eqxgngu-N4xxlW0l9zlg&index=2&feature=plcp

Participant

Nick, outstanding video man, I like how you timed the dancing to the music. The only criticism I can give but would not know how to pull off with all the chalk flying around is to keep the lens cleaner. It really looked like a great time. Keep up the good work and keep shooting.

Participant

Very good, How did you keep your lens clean? keep doing more work of this quality

Inactive

I just tried to wipe the lens after every shot when I was in the thick of it. You could still see it in some shots, yeah. And actually the biggest problem was the chalk getting into the camera itself. A tape jammed at one point and I had to switch tapes. There were some videographers at the event who had DIY plastic wrapped around their camera to prevent this.

Thanks for the thoughts guys.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders β€” 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap