College Computer

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am about to graduate from high school and currently have a compaq presario running an athlon 64 3000+. I would like to get a new computer to persue my video editing career. Would I be better off getting an apple g4 dual processor or a macbook or a macbook pro. Keeping in mind that I am a poor high school kid moving on to college. Thanks for any advice you can give me.
      Tyler

Inactive

What is a good program for be to be using to learn how to do video editing. Currently I am using premiere elements, what are some other good ones that I should use. How much ram should I be using? Also, I am thinking of going to CSU Monterey to pursue my editing career, is that a good college for that or should I go somewhere else? Thanks

Inactive

What is the difference between film editing and video editing?? I want to do hollywood type stuff so would that be film or video? How much ram should I be running on my athlon 64 3000+?

Inactive

I would not invest in film as an aquisition format for movies. The money it takes to purchase a decent 35mm film camera is a sizable expense, but when you add in the cost of film, processing, work prints, internegatives, the seperate audio tapes & locating editors, or going the digital intermeadite route when you still process the film & pay for the scan to digital for post, it all gets expensive. Especially when you consider that the film "Miami Vice" was shot totally with digital cameras and in a recent article in "Millimeter" Clint Eastwood states he expects to be shooting in digital in the foreseeable future. More & more major motion pictures are moving into the digital realm. And it seems that the majority of independent productions are already totally digital up to the point of distribution. So invest your energy in digital production techniques & your money should follow.

Good Luck, Tony Clark

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap