Codec’s & Compression – Anyone knowledgable out there

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Codec’s & Compression – Anyone knowledgable out there

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hey all,

New to the Videomaker forum, but I’ve exhausted my patience (after 3 solid sessions) searching the net for help.

I’m working in FCP5 and having enormous difficulty exporting a small internet (emailable) freindly version of a 15sec clip.

The new H.624 codec works wonders as far as image quality goes, but after 8-9 attempts using various settings the clip still won’t play after being emailed to a PC (even when the reciever has the latest Quicktime player – the sound plays through with a blank white image)

In a nut shell I’m looking for a way to compress the clip to a small file size(main priority), but wish to maintain as much quality as possible… any help will be greatly appreciated!

G.

Inactive

Have you tried exporting it as an AVI file? Unsure as to whether or not it will compress the file, but I use the AVI file to export my FCP projects for clients. Make sure you set the video compressor to DV quality settings, otherwise it will be grainy and splotchy.
      Bryan, President
      Video Doc Productions
      http://www.videodocprod.com

Inactive

Get Sorenson Squeeze. It offers several compressing methods, so you can try them and see which one gets the best result.

Inactive

Thanks to both of you,

I have exported with the AVI option… the delema: 4:3 image instead of 16:9 – now there is an animorphic (tick the box) option with some codecs, but even when used I still end up with a 4:3 aspect ratio.

I have hunted down a trial version of sorenson squeeze, but I’m trying to aviod spending anymore money – it seems that lately eveytime I go to do something I have to buy another item of software to be able to achieve the result I’m chasing. Surely with the entire Final Cut Studio, you should be able to achieve a quality export for the net???????

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio editing software for video editors — 2021

Let's look at the best audio editing software currently on the market, then go over the most important features to consider as you shop.
homicide-bootstrap