Codec: MPEG IMX 625/50 EXPORT HELP?!?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello,

Thank you for your time.
      I have been contacted by a network that is going to premier my latest music video on a video block for MTV3s.They wanted the final edited digital version of the video at certain specs.

The specs are as follows:

Video specs:
      Format: Quicktime .MOV
      Codec: MPEG IMX 625/50
      Bit Rate: 50 Mbps
      Frame size: 720×512
      Field Order: Upper/Top First
      Frame Rate: 29.97 drop frame
      Audio: 16 bit / 48KHz uncompressed, 4 channel

I compressed the video like they wanted and uploaded the file for their review. After downloading the video file the network producer and other TV show producer can’t preview the file in quicktime before they send it to the master control dept. Not only can’t they play it, but the .mov icon is not present. When trying to open they get a message that reads “could not be opened. The movie is not in a format that QuickTime Player understands. You may need to install additional software to open this type of file.”After hearing about the problem, I went back to look at the file and was able to play the video file via quicktime. None of them have final cut installed on their computers, but I do. I have read on other forums about plug-ins needed to view a imx codec file and do understand that the network master control system that will upload the file might be able to view because they have the correct plug-ins/system.The problem Im having is the network producer is saying she has never had this problem where she couldn’t view the video in quick time before approving and sending it to the master control operator.I am compressing the file in Final Cut Compressor. If the network producer requests these certain specs from other labels/production company’s and is able to view them and approve before forwarding to Master Control Operator. What am I doing wrong that she can’t view mine? The file specs I compressed for them that they can’t view is as follows:

Format: Apple MPEG IMX 625/50 (50MB/s), 720 x 576 (640 x 576), Millions16-bit Integer (Little Endian), Stereo (L R), 48.000 kHz
      FPS: 29.97
      I sure do appreciate anyones input.

Participant
      Participant

cfxcorp,

Thank you for your quick response. I was meaning to reply back to you last night, but was reading the info you had sent my way. Issue was solved. I<span style=”font-weight: bold; line-height: 16px;”>understand the IMX codec will play in quicktime only if you have either FCP or QT MPEG Component installed. I have compressed the final edited digital version per specs requested. I understand the producer who is coordinating the video block can’t view the</span>MPEG IMX 625/50 file on their computer via quicktime. Ihave troubleshooted on both platforms PC and MAC and have had similar viewing issues in quicktime pro. We downloaded the the quicktime codec plug in and was able to view the file after we installed the plugin for quicktime pro to view IMX codecs.

Thanks for your help. VideoMaker forums are the best!!

<span style=”font-family: verdana, sans-serif;”><span style=”line-height: 16px;”>
      </span></span>

Participant

Glad I could help a bit.  I like your name and logo.  Have a website?

Participant

Thanks! No website yet. Working on it. I have a vimeo account that has my work on there.

I have one more question. Why am I getting visible lines on a couple of clips. I exported the first file and no visible lines. I had to re-edit a minor mistake and than compressed to the above mentioned codec again and im getting visible lines on 2 or 4 clips. Why is it doing that and how can I fix it when compressing?

Participant

I am using compressor and am getting visible lines on a couple of clips. After figuring out the correct settings, I exported the video file and no visible lines. I had to re-edit a minor mistake on the actual video and than re-compressed to the above mentioned codec again and im now getting visible scan lines on 2 or 4 clips. Why is it doing that and how can I fix it when compressing?

It seems hit or miss because some of my my test compressions don’t have visible scan lines and somtimes they do.

What is the best compression settings in Final Cut Compressor for these specs?

Format: Quicktime .MOV
      Codec: MPEG IMX 625/50
      Bit Rate: 50 Mbps
      Frame size: 720×512
      Field Order: Upper/Top First
      Frame Rate: 29.97 drop frame
      Audio: 16 bit / 48KHz uncompressed, 4 channel

I couldn’t upload screen shots explaining my issue with out uploading the images to photobucket, etc. Here is a link to my other discussion in the apple community.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/16907818#16907818

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap