Close up focus on one thing

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have a canon DC230. I am shooting close up. When I focus on the fabric/thread the focus is ok. But when my hand comes into the shot the focus goes onto the hand and the fabric/thread goes out of focus. I have set the zoom rate the lowest but it still happens. Any ideas how I can get the all shots/film to stay in focus? It is the fabric/thread primarily I want to focus on not the hand.

Janet

Participant

Unfortunately, your camera appears to have only an automatic focus….in order to control the focus for close-up shots like this you’ll need to have a cameara with manual focus.

A camera with macro focus capabilities would also be helpful.

The only thing I could suggest is backing up the camera in order to obtain a wider shot…this should allow for thewhole frame to be in focus….

Once you’re done recording the wide-shot, it’s possible to use an editing application to zoom in until you’ve reached your desired shot composition.

Keep in mind that zooming video within an editing application tends to cause a reduction in quality but it’s not very noticeable untill zooming more than 20-25 percent…if necessary, you could add a sharpen effect to offset this reduction in quality.

This is not the ideal solution, but it may be your only option short of getting a different camera.

Good Luck

Participant

go to manual.

Participant

I looked at the specs and it didn’t seem to have manual focus.

Participant

Thanks Grinner, had of course read the manual. It would be great if manuals had all the answers because there would be no need for a forum like this for all the other 101 things no mentioned in manuals that actually work. πŸ™‚

Thanks Coreece. πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap