Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Cameras and Camcorders › Consumer Camcorders › cleaning XL2 lens
- October 22, 2008 at 8:02 PM #45344sftrevorParticipant
I’m wondering what the best way is to clean my XL2 lenses. I thought I had a cleaning kit, but apparently not.! I have some tiny spots that show up occasionally.
- October 22, 2008 at 8:07 PM #188486RobParticipant
I use a lens pen unless my lens is really dirty. You should be able to buy one at a local camera shop (photo or video). Maybe they’d have them in best buy.
After you clean your lens, invest in a UV filter. It just threads onto the front and basically protects the main lens from everything.
- October 23, 2008 at 1:59 AM #188487sftrevorParticipant
I do have a lens pen but whatever is on my lens won’t budge with the brush. I’ve just heard horror stories about using the wrong fluid or cloth.
- October 23, 2008 at 3:11 AM #188488RobParticipant
yea, you should try to find the right fluid and cloth. it’s not expensive and you may end up regretting it if you don’t buy it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.