You're using a beta version of our new web site.

cleaning a death lens? how do I?

Home Forums Technique Production Gear cleaning a death lens? how do I?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 9 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

hey guys, I just bought a Ambico Ultra wide lens. an Im scared to clean it, yeah i dont want to scratch it, or hurt it in anyway, it was 800 dollars. The Cleaning Instructions that were given are in japanese text. also their site is down.. Like what can I use? Yeah Thanks- peace

Rob
    Participant

buy a lens cleaner kit. They usually come with cleaning liquid, tissue paper, a soft cloth and sometimes a brush.

Why do people call it a death lens? Whats wrong with calling it a fisheye lens?

Anonymous

buy a lens cleaner kit. They usually come with cleaning liquid, tissue paper, a soft cloth and sometimes a brush. Why do people call it a death lens? Whats wrong with calling it a fisheye lens?

ummm, Its keeping it code, you see everyone can get a fisheye, so the google “fisheye” an 7 out of 10 get it off ebay for about 20 -50 dollars, and they usually suck, scratch easy, they are micro, ect, ect, it ebay, its surprising. Now if you say death lens, and a kid at the skatepark go’s and googles it he will find out what lens are good. Also death lens means,

.3x Century Optics wide angle camcorder lens. Used by skateboarders. The name was coined by the danger of skating close to the skater with the camera.

Anonymous

buy a lens cleaner kit. They usually come with cleaning liquid, tissue paper, a soft cloth and sometimes a brush. Why do people call it a death lens? Whats wrong with calling it a fisheye lens?

And thanks bro, Im going to best buy to go and get a cleaning kit.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.