Church Echoes

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi all.

This may have been asked and answered before, but I didn’t see exactly what I needed when I did a quick search.

I’ve done two weddings so far. The first was in a very old, very large church. The second was in a smaller, more modern church. I have very little audio experience (which I realize is a huge problem). I was lucky with the second wedding’s audio coming out pretty well. Not so lucky with the first. Thankfully, it was family and I think they will forgive me.

So, my question is, what’s the best plan of action for capturing CLEAR (read: little or no echoes) in a large church? The problem with the audio on my first wedding was that the audio on readings and homilies was loud, but hard to understand. There was so much echo going on that you have to strain to understand the individual words. Needless to say, I’m very disappointed in myself, but there’s only so much I can do about it now. I was, however, smart enough to mic the groom, so the vows came out loud and clear.

Any advise is, as always, appreciated!

Inactive

Thanks, Compusolver.

Makes sense, of course. My major problem is…I just do not have the funds to purchase all that audio equipment. It’s very frustrating.

I will definitely keep a lookout for your video! I’m sure it will be very informative, as your posts here always are. I’m sure you’ve mentioned it before, but how long have you been in the wedding videography business?

Inactive

compusolver Wrote:

I started with motion pictures (8mm) when I was fourteen years old. Had my own editing equipment, etc.

How in the hell did you get these things?! I would kill people for an 8mm. I just use the DV cam and Premiere Pro at school. I would love to get that genuine film look. How were you so fortunate to obtain an 8mm camera?

Inactive

My god, there’s no way to descibe how envious I am. 😯 I’m just a poor high school student waiting to go to L.A. and become a feature film writer/director. To get a camera that shoots onto film…. oh how I love the film look… each frame is like a developed photograph. sigh. And that magic frame rate (24 frames per second). You think you can hook me up, lol.

• Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap