chromakey problem with pro 10

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi, can anyone tell me why my chroma subject seems to be floating in mid air. I have tried moving position and/or resizing background photo but subject still floats. thanks for looking.

Participant

Please post a screen shot so that we can see what the problem looks like.

Mike

Participant

hi mike

the only way i seem to be able to do snapshot is via avatar. lol. As you can see this is supposed to be a music video, and I need to run this 4 times on the chorus. Im reasonably competent at the rest of the editing this is the first time ive done chroma.

Any and all advice welcome

Participant

Alice, if I didn’t know any better (and I don’t as I haven’t seen your project), it looks like you applied a mask to the musician and are inadvertently cropping the bottom portion off. If this isn’t the case, open the Pan/Crop window on him, right-click and select “Match Output Aspect”. BTW, since we don’t seem to be able to post images here, use any of the various free services to post a screen shot and then give us the link to it.

Mike

Participant

Hi Mike

yes there is a mask, this is the total of the subject (nothing cut off …. yet) i think the problem is with the background. When I render the loop the on stage portion is ok with widescreen marks top and bottom as it should be, when the chroma background is on it is full screen, although subject and background have the same properties – except the depth, i dont seem able to affect background depth in photoshop, there is no properties for this point. Any ideas? Thanks Alice

Participant

Hi Mike

Just found the problem is with the baseline picture – it was too tall for widescreen. Have now cropped picture oblong rather than square and subject fits perfectly – mask an all. lol. Thanks for all the head scratching on my behalf. Alice X

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap