Choosing camera and ligting for shooting indoors

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi, I need to shoot an indoor scene in a hotel room with a stationary mounted camcoder. Haven’t done video in a while and I’m not a pro, so looking for some advice.

Don’t have a digicam, but an old Sony Handycam CCD-TR101 Hi8 that have not been used in a while. Final output format will be MPEG4, so with Hi8 I’d have to use a video capture card – already have WinFast TV2000 8bit D/A 640*480 – worked Ok for recording TV, never tried with the camera, would it be Ok?

Will I be much better off buying a new or used MiniDV Camera in $100-$250 range, or will Sony Handycam Hi8 be adequate?
      – want to get the highest quality/resolution, but I’am on a budget, so looking at trade-offs and alternatives.

Will standard room lighting work fine, or should I get some additional lighting?
      – have a 500 watt halogen work light, not sure if it will be good or not, but it’s really bright. May be it will work good with a diffuser in front of it?

Any info is much appreciated

Thanks
      Happy

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Camera Support Buyer's Guide

The best advanced camera support for video — 2021

While the camera will always be at the core of your production setup, using the best camera support is vital in getting smooth cinematic shots.
homicide-bootstrap