Choosing a Good HD Field Monitor

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Is anyone using an HD monitor to review their video out in the field instead of using the on-camera LCD screen? Are there specific features that I should be looking for?

I’m interested in getting one, but I’m unclear if it’s just a question of purchasing a small HD LCD tv or if this entails getting a “special” monitor that actually costs thousands of dollars.

In Solidarity,

Alain

http://www.crazyredacesproductions.blogspot.com/

I use a SWIT 8″ HD monitor mounted onto my A1, primarily to ensure good focus while filming, but it also serves well as a monitor to play back what I’ve just recorded. That unit was recommended to me because it gives a good representation of what is actually being recorded, but you may want something larger. There are lots of good monitors out there – just make sure you get something that doesn’t deceive you into making in-camera adjustments you shouldn’t be making.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best digital storage for video editors — 2021

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap