Cheap 5 multi-cam set-up with Sync

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Leif Sundstrup
      Participant

I want to use 5 video cameras in sync to film an orchestra conductor from various angles. The quality must be good (there will be ample lighting) but no necessarily brilliant. I want to know what the cheapest cameras are that can besynced. I will be editing in Vegas Pro 9

Thanks

Leif

SteveMann
      Participant

NO consumer or prosumer cameras can be synchronized (AKA Genlock). I’ve shot a lot of multi-camera performances and I’ve never *needed* genlocked cameras – and my clients would never pay the cost of renting them.

I just find a report (camera flash, snare drum hit, etc) that all three cameras capture, and line them up on the timeline. More recently, I’ve been using singular Software’s “Plural Eyes” to perform my syncs for me.

I recommend upgrading to Vegas Version 10 during the upgrade discount period.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best cameras for YouTube — 2021

So you’re all set to start your new YouTube channel where you’ll show how you create wigs for dogs with bald spots. Great! But before you get started, you’ll need a camera. We’re here to help you wade through the...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN