Changing Marker Numbers?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am going crazy trying to figure this out. I am editing a project that I have added markers to. But, whenever I want to add a new maker in between two existing markers, the new marker always defaults to a number after the last marker. So I end up with markers out of chronological order. Like for example: 18, 19, 25, 26, 20, 21… I want the number sequence to stay the same otherwise what’s the point.

So far, the only way I have been able to fix this is to rearrange all the other makers and rename them. There has to be a setting or some other way to make this easier. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks

Inactive

I ran into this same scenario recently and ended up doing the same as you describe above. I read through the manual and could find no way to change the chronological order automatically. You will need to manually drag them around and rename as you have mentioned, if you want them in chronological order.

The software automatically numbers the markers in the order in which they are created regardless of location on the timeline.

Also, if you have markers numbered say… 1, 2, 3 through 10 on the timeline and you delete say 6, 7, & 9, then the next marker you create will be numbered with the missing numbers first (6, 7 & 9) before moving on to 11, 12 etc. Sounds confusing, but that’s how it works.

Participant

What NLE are you using???

Inactive

I’m using Vegas Pro and I assumed the original poster was too since the question was asked in the Vegas Pro forum. Maybe not….?

Participant

Apologies for reviving an old post but I’m brand new here (not to Vegas though) and have your solution.

1. Open the Edit Details view (Alt-6, or go to the View menu).

2. Select “Show: Markers”.

3. Click on the blank space that is at the intersection of the row and column headings (in the upper left corner of the Edit Details window, just under the word “Show:”. This will select everything

4. Press Ctrl-X to Cut everything. Immediately press Ctrl-V to paste everything back.

Mike Kujbida

• Viewing 4 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Professional Fixed-Lens Camcorder Buyer’s Guide

Best camcorders for any video shooter — 2020

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
    homicide-bootstrap