“Changed” – an experimental drama short about a transsexual

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion “Changed” – an experimental drama short about a transsexual

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

made by high school students. shot on a canon vixia hf s21. any input would be appreciated πŸ™‚

Participant

oh and here’s a trailer for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te6etUIjVTc

(at the time the trailer was made, the movie was untitled)

Participant

Venkat, great opening shot! I found myself immersed in the story. There were a lot of things left not said and unexplained, this made it hold my attention for the nearly seven minutes. I am still trying to sort out in my mind the symbolism of the train track shot- person on a journey or contemplating suicide or ?. Keep shooting.

Participant

Well done! Just like the title of the thread it was a train wreck you couldn’t turn away from but the work was great. Miss Swann did very well.

Only thing I really caught out of the corner of my eye was a color shift, like you didn’t correct a clip to match on the bleachers scene at 3:09. That jumped out at me. Doesn’t really matter but its a fine touch I would have attempted to fix. Just food for thought.

Participant

Filming was well done – Watch your framing, particularly in the mirror shots (too much room on the right, not enough on the left). Using Kevin’s tracks was a good idea but sometimes the music overpowered the dialog – watch your levels and maybe look for some background music that is softer while keeping the emotion and more suited to the dialog.

Overall, very nicely done.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors β€” 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap