“Changed” – an experimental drama short about a transsexual

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion “Changed” – an experimental drama short about a transsexual

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

made by high school students. shot on a canon vixia hf s21. any input would be appreciated πŸ™‚

Participant

oh and here’s a trailer for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te6etUIjVTc

(at the time the trailer was made, the movie was untitled)

Participant

Venkat, great opening shot! I found myself immersed in the story. There were a lot of things left not said and unexplained, this made it hold my attention for the nearly seven minutes. I am still trying to sort out in my mind the symbolism of the train track shot- person on a journey or contemplating suicide or ?. Keep shooting.

Participant

Well done! Just like the title of the thread it was a train wreck you couldn’t turn away from but the work was great. Miss Swann did very well.

Only thing I really caught out of the corner of my eye was a color shift, like you didn’t correct a clip to match on the bleachers scene at 3:09. That jumped out at me. Doesn’t really matter but its a fine touch I would have attempted to fix. Just food for thought.

Participant

Filming was well done – Watch your framing, particularly in the mirror shots (too much room on the right, not enough on the left). Using Kevin’s tracks was a good idea but sometimes the music overpowered the dialog – watch your levels and maybe look for some background music that is softer while keeping the emotion and more suited to the dialog.

Overall, very nicely done.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing β€” 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap