CD/DVD printers

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’m interested in getting an inkjet printer for DVD’s because I’m fed up with how long LightScribe takes to print. The epson 1440 and Dymo disc painter look good for the price. I definitely don’t have much budget for it. Does anyone have experience with these or another that is in the same price range?

Participant

I just bought the Epson Artisan 700. It is a multi function unit that prints direct to cd/dvd. I have only printed 1 dvd with it so far but I was very pleased with the quality of the print. I bought it directly from the epson store they were running a special for $149 and free shipping. Normal price is $199.

One other great feature is that it is networkable either wired or wireless.

Inactive

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the Epson printers that print to DVD. I have an older one (R220) that was the basic one at the time that went for about $80. It is coming up on 2 years of dependable printing. I recently purchased the Artisan 800 ($300) and it has an even greater print quality. The Artisan uses “Hi Def” ink and it seems to be going through it a little quicker, but I am still playing with the quality settings. If you just want it for CD/DVD printing then you should be fine with the entry level Epsons. If you need a scanner or fax or other “All in One” features just match up your needs to the proper model. Good Luck

Inactive

Hey thanks guys, I’m very interested in that 700 now. The only thing that has me a little hesitant is the price of the ink. Obviously ink is going to be expensive, but $15 a pop is a little scary. How many discs will it crank out on one cartridge (round about)?

Inactive

I can’t say for sure. I have only used it for DVD’s a few times and printed a few pictures. I use it as my fax (I have the 800) and scanner mostly. I am not thrilled about the price on the ink either and as far as I know there are no options other than buying from Epson. Pretty much all of my DVD’s have gone through my R220.

Some issues you should be aware of with inkjet Disc printers. Unless you go for reletively expensive ‘water-shield’ media, the final disc you print can run or smudge of it comes in contact with liquid.

You can also by alacquer type spray that you can apply to the discs after printing, that will protect it from this – but it can get a bit messy.

Inactive

You can get remanufactured cartridges for a lot cheaper. I get a complete set of 6 carts for my 580 from supermediastore.com for typically around $35. I also had an R200 a while back. As far as how many discs per cart, once I did a run of 75 full color discs for on job and still had ink to spare. That was on the R200 though, so your mileage may vary.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to choose the right computer for video editing: 4 key specs to check

Buying the best workstation for your needs means understanding how the CPU, GPU, RAM and storage options work together to enhance overall performance.
homicide-bootstrap