capturing in program

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      jhumpir
      Participant

I bought a new computer, 3.0 ghz intel, 1.0 ram, 200 gb storage on it. I used sony pdf170 camera. I can capture it only through window camera and scanner program. But window movie maker and power producer program somehow can’t capture. thanks

phillips719
      Participant

might be a silly question but does your computer recognize the camera when you plug it in? Have you double checked the settings on the cam to be sure it’s in the right mode for capture?

Anonymous
      Inactive

PD170 is a professional DVCAM camcorder, it doesn’t come with any software, USB driver and other consumer gizmos. Download a trial of Premiere Pro from http://www.adobe.com and buy a $ 5 Firewire cable if you don’t already own one, and that’s all there is to it.

jhumpir
      Participant

thanks guys. I install adobe premier pro but that also hang when I try to capture. same problem with window movie maker, studio 9,. I uninstall studio 9 before installing premier. I buy build in computer with 1 gb ram, 3.0 intel processor. any que? do I have to reformat it.
      thanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well I still don’t understand what exactly is the problem?
      Are you unhappy with the quality of the capture or can’t capture at all?

jhumpir
      Participant

well I can’t capture it in studio 9, window movie maker, but I can see the movie in window scanner and comera in my computer. I uninstall studio 9 and install premier pro 6.5 but still the program crash when I try to capture. somebody told me that your window is corrupt you have to format it and then try again. I am gonna try that tomoroow and suggestion appreciated. a big thanks

jhumpir
      Participant

Hi SVHS

I used ATI Radian 9250 card to capture through studio 9 which freeze. I check the compatibility with studio 9 website. This model does’nt there they have Radian 9200 series but not 9250. But yesterday I try to capture through 9200 and it’s work for 5 minutes. But when I try it later on the program freeze again. window does capture it though any clues.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi. If I got it right, you’re trying to capture through a VIVO video card.
      Radeon 9250 belongs to the 9200 series, don’t worry. So according to Pinnacle, it should work with Studio. Now, do you have the latest official drivers for that video card? And the latest Studio patch(es)?
      You still haven’t said if you reinstalled Windows and was that any good.

jhumpir
      Participant

Well yes I format the computer and put back the window xp. But the same result. But I have’nt check that is there any updates for the drivers and the studio 9. I think I should do that thanks.

Anonymous
      Inactive

No, Hank, I’ll be in the States for the summer.
      Right now I’m in Romania and here a Firewire cable costs the equivalent of $ 5 – 8 in most stores.

Endeavor
      Participant

svhs Wrote:

No, Hank, I’ll be in the States for the summer.
      Right now I’m in Romania and here a Firewire cable costs the equivalent of $ 5 – 8 in most stores.

As it should be.

jhumpir
      Participant

Hi guys

I am trying to capture through the firewire. I have a firewire card installed on the computer. Yesterday we try to change the firewire port to see if the video capture work but it does’nt.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap