Capturing HD Video

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

OK I am trying to capture some HD video off my new Sony HDV Z5E camera… I have a trial version of Vegas Pro 9… I plugged it all in and started to capture… But when the files ended up on my computer they are .m2t files ??? I was expecting MPEG2 files πŸ™

Am I doing something wrong ? Help please… πŸ˜€

Rob
      Participant

i believe there are 3 types of common mpeg-2 streams – elementary, transport, and program.

.m2t is the transport stream.

Rob
      Participant

and besides, you don’t want to edit MPEG. It’s not an editing codec. Transcode to an I-frame codec like DVCProHD.

Anonymous
      Inactive

oh no technical stuff now you confused me lol… ok here’s the deal, I shoot content for re sale, I just need to rip it off the camera and send it to people in a format they can with as they please… I was told that was MPG ?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Another quickie… as well as getting the m2t file… it also has a .sfk file, anyone tell me what this is as well ? If I am going to copy all of the content onto a hard drive for a client what do I need to include… can I put just the mpg, or should i include the m2t and sfk files as well ?

And just to clarify once I captured the video as m2t files, if I change the .m2t to mpg the video will work right ? So I dont need to render or publish or anything techie, I can simply change the extension…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Miscellaneous Techniques’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best micro four thirds lenses β€” 2021

MFT, or micro four thirds, is a popular mount style used by many manufacturers in conjunction with the micro 4/3 sensor. It’s good to keep in mind that micro four thirds camera systems use a smaller sensor.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.