Capturing HD Video

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

OK I am trying to capture some HD video off my new Sony HDV Z5E camera… I have a trial version of Vegas Pro 9… I plugged it all in and started to capture… But when the files ended up on my computer they are .m2t files ??? I was expecting MPEG2 files πŸ™

Am I doing something wrong ? Help please… πŸ˜€

Participant

i believe there are 3 types of common mpeg-2 streams – elementary, transport, and program.

.m2t is the transport stream.

Participant

and besides, you don’t want to edit MPEG. It’s not an editing codec. Transcode to an I-frame codec like DVCProHD.

Inactive

oh no technical stuff now you confused me lol… ok here’s the deal, I shoot content for re sale, I just need to rip it off the camera and send it to people in a format they can with as they please… I was told that was MPG ?

Inactive

Another quickie… as well as getting the m2t file… it also has a .sfk file, anyone tell me what this is as well ? If I am going to copy all of the content onto a hard drive for a client what do I need to include… can I put just the mpg, or should i include the m2t and sfk files as well ?

And just to clarify once I captured the video as m2t files, if I change the .m2t to mpg the video will work right ? So I dont need to render or publish or anything techie, I can simply change the extension…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video β€” 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap