Capturing footage in FCP

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

It seems like every other time I capture some footage from FCP, I get the message that says “User aborted last capture attempt.” It doesn’t happen all the time. I have to click OK on the box and then go and import the file from the capture scratch folder. Does anyone know why it would do that, and only do that once in a while? I can’t think of anything that I’m consistently doing that would make it have that error.

Inactive

Hey jumpy,

What version of FCP are you using? Have you checked Apple’s website for updates?

It sounds like a possible timecode break, although I’ve never encountered the dialog box you saw.

-a

Participant

I’m using version 5.0.2. And I’m pretty sure it’s all up-to-date. I’ve run the automatic Software Update, and nothing comes up. I just captured some stuff a bit ago, and I did not get the message, but I’m having other problems, which I started a new topic about. I hear lots of people talk about how Mac’s don’t crash and whatnot. Well, I’m the exception to that rule, and whatever other things that might be good about Mac’s. I think it’s good, but I’m not all that impressed over my PC right now. I’m sure I’ll come around later though. πŸ™‚

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best digital storage for video editors β€” 2021

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap