Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › capturing device
- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years, 9 months ago by Anonymous.
- June 22, 2005 at 2:39 PM #44662AnonymousInactive
Hi my friend has a jvx camera and he has premeir 6.0. Whenever he hooks it up my usb cable to the camera, we cannot capture anything. It still makes the sound that it can capture it but a menu comes up on the lcd screen andhe can’t pick which one he wants
- June 23, 2005 at 9:20 AM #186934AnonymousInactive
for (i think) and video editor to recognize the device, it must be firewire. if the camera has a firewire port, buy a cord and/or card. the thing with USB is that it degrades the quality of video. also, if your camera does not record onto TAPES, the USB means drag and drop capture. i hope that helped.
- July 14, 2005 at 11:21 AM #186935AnonymousInactive
I recommend you try using a Canopus DV Bridge unit. You can capture right from the video output from your video camera to your editing software. We use Final Cut Pro with our editing system.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.